How To Request a Station Tour
Tours of the fire station are available upon request. Station tours can last about 20-30minutes or more. The tour includes viewing the engine room, apparatus, fire fighting equipment, station as well as talking to the firefighters about their job. The fire fighters will provide a short informational interactive fire prevention session.
- Fire station tours can be scheduled during 'usual' business hours, but arrangement can be made for alternative times
- Please schedule at least 2 weeks before your desired event. Usually, most tours coincide with Fire Prevention week in October
- Group sizes should be small, most likely less than 30. Ideally, 1 adult chaperone for every 5 children.
- The fire station remains "in service" during the tours. The members may need to respond to emergencies at any time. If they do, it will be necessary for the tour to end and your group to exit the station. Please keep this in mind when visiting.
- Firefighters have serious work to do. Birthday party groups are welcome to tour the fire station but may not hold party festivities at the station. No cake and ice cream please.
If you would like to schedule a visit please call Brandon Hall (269) 870-6236 or call the fire department at (269) 657-4770 and leave a message for the Fire Prevention Committee. Leave your contact information and they will contact you for more information.